Thursday, July 22, 2010

Secret Lovers?

I never carried handkerchiefs while living in the US. I mean never. I didn't have much use for them. I rarely found myself sweating like Patrick Ewing at the free throw line in the fourth quarter of a Knicks game. Too bad I find that occurring far too frequently in Ghana. As a result a handkerchief is now a staple in my purse, along with a bottle of water, some Odomos (mosquito repellent cream), handwipes and antibacterial gel. Oh how the contents of my speedy have changed.

Despite the fact that I constantly buy handkerchiefs I don’t have a constant supply of handkerchiefs. Why? Because they disappear. I leave the house with one and come back without it. Or I will do the wash and place seven in the wash and but later find only two. I want to know where do my handkerchiefs go!?!? They mysteriously disappear much like my socks did in the US. You know how it is, you do a load of laundry and upon completion realize that some of your socks are no longer in pairs. Well my handkerchiefs are vanishing much like my socks. Are hankies and socks getting it on together in some far off, distant world made of cotton? Are they procreating sockerchiefs? Seriously, what is happening to all of my handkerchiefs?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting theory. I like the idea of little sockerchiefs running around in a far off land of cotton. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. East solution. 5 yards of white cotton, and a sewing machine. Make 100 of those suckers.

    ReplyDelete