Wednesday, August 18, 2010

There is a door in the road







I was jamming this morning to Notorious Big’s greatest hits supplied by my dear friend Aaron. I wasn’t just jamming, I was snapping my fingers and rapping along with the CD. I had been driving for more than an hour and was only 15 minutes from my house so the music was really helping my spirits. Accra traffic is normally pretty bad but it is downright unbearable after a rainstorm and it rained pretty hard yesterday. I was in the middle of my verse saying:

You was a Reebok vandal, now you wear Chanel sandals
I made you, why would I play you?
Think about it while in the streets you roam
It's Dom P's and Chris'ties in the fridge when you get home

when I heard a loud bang to my left. I looked and saw a car door in the street. Yes, that’s right, a car door. Luckily no car was following closely behind the car that LOST IT’S DOOR. I mean really, wth is going on here??? Doors are falling off of vehicles???

When I looked again I realized the door belonged to a trotro. I should have known!

I know the story sounds incredulous so I’ve provided photographic evidence.

Picture 1 shows the trotro mate removing the door from the road and picture 2 shows the trotro mate standing near the trotro while holding the door. See, I told you!

2 comments:

  1. I am LOL at the guy just walking back to his vehicle with his door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desert Flower, I would have been nonplussed but he acted as if he was picking up a cellphone or set of keys. You gotta love Ghana.

    ReplyDelete